The W. P. Carey School of Business, in cooperation with the ASU Scholarship Office, believes in recognizing and rewarding eligible business students with financial assistance. Our numerous scholarships are funded through many sources including private businesses, corporations, foundations, alumni, and individual donors. The application process is competitive and selection is based on varying criteria such as GPA, leadership and community service, academic major, class level, financial need, and residency classification.
W. P. Carey School of Business General Scholarship (click link to apply)
This general scholarship application is used by the school of business to find eligible students for a wide-range of academic department and private donor scholarships. Students may update their information on the application prior to the deadline date. The final application deadline for current/transfer students is Monday, January 20, 2014 by 11:59 pm. For incoming freshman the deadline is Monday, February 3, 2014 by 11:59 pm. Late applications will not be considered.
The scholarship application is an online application students submit electronically. Please click on the above link to sign in and access the application. Once you sign in the scholarship application will automatically open in order for you to start completing online.
Important information before completing the scholarship application:
- Spend time on your application! Business scholarships are competitive and awards are based on the strength of your application.
- Essays play an important role in the selection process. Applicants need to differentiate themselves from other students by convincing the reader why they are the best candidate for the scholarship. Make sure you are honest and ethical.
- The application is a multi-step process that consists of academic and employment information, three essay questions, and an academic budget form. Students are also required to submit their resume into the application.
- Keep your audience (private donor, faculty, and staff) in mind when writing. Use appropriate language and know that committees use essays as an instrument to determine the best candidate for private donor’s scholarship funds.
- Deadline Date:
- Students may update their information on the application prior to the deadline date. The final application deadline for current/transfer students is Monday, January 20, 2014 by 11:59 pm. For incoming freshman the deadline is Saturday, February 1, 2014 by 11:59 pm. Late applications will not be considered.
- Once you have submitted the application you will see a confirmation message. This message is a confirmation that your application has been received. This is the only communication you will receive until scholarship notifications are sent by email in April.
Scholarship essays play a very important role in the selection process. As always make sure you have your essays proof read. Use the scholarship resources below to assist you in framing your essay question responses.
Essay writing resources:
Private Donor Scholarships 2014-2015
W. P. Carey School of Business
Undergraduate Office, BA 160
P.O. Box 873406
Tempe, AZ 85287-3406
Phone: (480) 727-7669
FAX: (480) 965-0633