School of Accountancy
Ph.D. in Accounting, University of British Columbia, 2005;
Master in Accounting, Renmin University of China, 2000;
Bachelor in Accounting, Northeastern University, China (with distinction), 1997.
Corporate disclosure; shareholder activism; stock price crash risk.
Academic Positions Held
Arizona State University: 2014-present.
Baruch College: 2011-2014.
Purdue University: 2005-2011.
1. Yinghua Li, and Liandong Zhang, 2014. Short Selling Pressure, Stock Price Behavior, and Management Forecast Precision: Evidence from a Natural Experiment. Forthcoming at Journal of Accounting Research.
2. Mark DeFond, Mingyi Hung, Siqi Li, and Yinghua Li, 2014. Does Mandatory IFRS Adoption Affect Crash Risk? Forthcoming at The Accounting Review.
3. C.S. Agnes Cheng, Henry He Huang, and Yinghua Li, 2014. Hedge Fund Intervention and Accounting Conservatism. Forthcoming at Contemporary Accounting Research.
4. C.S. Agnes Cheng, Henry He Huang, Yinghua Li, and Jason Stanfield, 2012. The Effect of Hedge Fund Activism on Corporate Tax Avoidance. The Accounting Review 87, 1493–1526.
5. Jeong-Bon Kim, Yinghua Li, and Liandong Zhang, 2011. CFOs versus CEOs: Equity Incentives and Crashes. Journal of Financial Economics 101, 713–730.
6. Jeong-Bon Kim, Yinghua Li, and Liandong Zhang, 2011. Corporate Tax Avoidance and Stock Price Crash Risk: Firm-Level Analysis. Journal of Financial Economics 100, 639–662.
7. C.S. Agnes Cheng, Henry He Huang, Yinghua Li, and Gerald J. Lobo, 2010. Institutional Monitoring through Shareholder Litigation. Journal of Financial Economics 95, 356–383.
8. Yinghua Li, 2009. Shareholder Litigation, Management Forecasts, and Productive Decisions during the Initial Public Offerings. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 28, 1–15.
9. Joy Begley, Sandra Chamberlain, and Yinghua Li, 2006. Modeling Goodwill for Banks: A Residual Income Approach with Empirical Tests. Contemporary Accounting Research 23, 31–68.