Director, Business Intelligence & Database Systems, Boingo Wireless, Inc.
Sr. Manager, Governance, eBay Inc.
Sr. Manager, Training & Curriculum Development, Oracle Corporation
PhD, WP Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, 2012
- Information systems and technology (IST) sourcing strategies: vendor consolidation, unified procurement, IT in supply chain management, make versus buy, partnership versus best-of-breed
- Technology-focused business networks: organizational strategies for industry standardization, cooperative entry strategies
- Enterprise solutions: appliance, business intelligence (BI), data warehouse (DW), billing and revenue management (BRM), customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Tsai, J. Y., Raghu, T. S., and Shao, B. B. M. Information systems and technology sourcing strategies of e-Retailers for value chain enablement. Journal of Operations Management, 31, 6 (September 2013), 345-362.
- Kauffman, R. J., and Tsai, J. Y. With or without you: Countervailing forces and effects of process standardization. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications 9, 4 (July-August 2010), 305-322.
- Kauffman, R. J., and Tsai, J. Y. The unified procurement strategy for enterprise software: A test of the ‘move to the middle’ hypothesis. Journal of Management Information Systems 26, 2 (Fall 2009), 177-204.
ASU is a tier 1 research university and W. P. Carey is proud of its strong tradition of teaching and classroom excellence. Our students directly benefit from the research and theories our faculty brings into the classroom. Below is a list of courses being taught during the current semester by this faculty member. Click a course to view it in the ASU course catalog.
CIS 591 - Seminar
A small class emphasizing discussion, presentations by students, and written research papers.